Portal History: development + implementation
- January 2018: Portal launched for new Zero Energy Registrations & Certifications
- January 2018: Portal launched for new Reveal Labels
- April 2018: Portal launched for Zero Carbon Certification
- April 2018: Portal launched for Living Building Challenge Registrations & Certifications
- September 2018: Portal launched for Living Community Challenge Registration.
- November 2018: Portal launch for new Living Product Challenge Registrations & Certifications
- December 2018: Living Community Challenge Vision + Master plan compliance submission available.
Migration of Completed Certified Projects & Labels to Portal:
As we launched Portal for each new program, we also backfilled Portal will all of the existing certified projects and certification data. That way, we could have a comprehensive database of all projects: past, present, and future. But because we had to input existing certified projects manually - a very time intensive process! - we chose only to input the data from them that - when aggregated across all projects - could help us measure broader impacts, like how much renewable energy is produced annually from all certified projects? Logistically, this means that we manually completed some fields and Tasks, leaving others blank. This is why certifications that were complete or had already begun using the previous certification process - and hence were manually input to Portal by Institute staff prior to the Portal's launch - show some Tasks as "Incomplete" even though those submissions were complete and the project successfully achieved certification.
- When did Portal launch for Reveal? January 2018
- When did Portal launch for Zero Carbon? April 2018
- When did Portal launch for Zero Energy? January 2018
- When did Portal launch for Living Building Challenge? April 2018
- When did Portal launch for Living Community Challenge? September 2018 (registration), December 2018 (Vision + Master Plan Compliance)
- My completed certification shows some Tasks as incomplete - why? We manually imported data from your completed certification and only input data for some fields. Because not all fields and Tasks were complete, some Tasks continue to register as "Incomplete" even though your certification is finalized. Read more here.