18-0925 v3.X I10-E11 Composite Wood Sheet Goods update
Note: This exception has been consolidated into RL-009 Formaldehyde for LBC 4.0. Project teams pursuing LBC versions released prior to 4.0 may use either I10-E9 and other formaldehyde exceptions addressing specific product types, as applicable, or RL-009. RL-009 may not be used in combination with other formaldehyde exceptions under the Red List Imperative.
Some composite wood sheet goods may contain specific types or levels of formaldehyde:
- Structural composite wood sheet goods may have added phenol formaldehyde (no urea formaldehyde).
- Door-rail joints may contain urea formaldehyde.
- Flush wood doors may contain no more than 2% added phenol or melamine formaldehyde.
- Furniture and cabinetry substrates may contain formaldehyde up to the following limits:
- Particleboard 0.09ppm,
- Medium Density Fiberboard 0.11ppm,
- Thin Medium Density Fiberboard 0.13ppm, and
- Plywood 0.05ppm.
Substrate products must be tested against a third party standard such as CARB Phase 2, TSCA Title VI, Engineered Wood Products of Australia Emission Class E0, or equivalent.
Post ID 7207